Friday, August 22, 2008

Frida

I joined my whole family for dinner at Frida in the new Americana at Brand mall in Glendale recently and let's just say I definitely perfer my Frida in the form of paintings. The margaritas were decent, but at $12 a pop it costs a small fortune to get a buzz. We all wanted to try the different ceviches they have, but unfortunately there's not much good to report. Every ceviche I've ever had comes with a variety of fish in it, but at Frida you choose if you want shrimp or tuna, and I think they're really missing out by only allowing either/or. My sister ordered the ceviche especial, which is the only ceviche that has both shrimp and tuna, but it also has a creamy sauce. It sounded a little weird to have creamy ceviche and once it came out, it tasted weird. It was like dipping fish in mayo. I ordered the ceviche acapulco, which wasn't entirely disappointing, but was still probably the worst ceviche I've ever had (next to the ceviche especial). The shrimp didn't taste fresh at all and the flavors really didn't mesh well, despite that it's the same ingredients in every ceviche. For my entree I had the enchiladas suizas, one of my all time favorite Mexican dishes, and while the enchiladas were way better than the ceviche, they still weren't that great. Not one of the 6 of us was really that happy with the food and I don't think anyone would go back. Most dishes were $15-$20 and for that you can get so much better Mexican food.

http://www.fridarestaurant.com/glendale/menu.html

No comments: