Monday, August 25, 2008

Panini

I totally <3 paninis so I have wanted to try local chain Panini (clever huh?) for some time. I've only gone to the one in Marina del Rey, but I know there is at least one other location in West Hollywood. Breakfast is served all day, but I of course go for the lunch paninis. My first try was a turkey and brie sandwich with cranberry spread. So good! I loved the gazpacho even more - it tasted just like the one I make without the huge mess in my kitchen. Second attempt was equally as fulfilling with a prosciutto, goat cheese, and red pepper panini that was simply divine! Here's the only weird thing about this place - if you want your sandwich pressed, you have to ask for it. But isn't a panini by definition a hot sandwich? Maybe I'm wrong on this one though.... The Marina del Rey location has a nice little patio they share with the surrounding restaurants as well as a decent interior (think slightly above Panera). Panini is also a bakery with an entire counter full of baked goodies if you make it to dessert. I also should mention that next door is Marble Slab - a Texas treat! All organic ice cream gets mixed with toppings of your choice before being stuffed into a freshly baked waffle cone. YUM!

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/151348/marina_del_rey_ca/panini_coffee_cafe.html

No comments: