Friday, August 22, 2008

M Cafe de Chaya

Ever tried Macrobiotics? Didn't think so. If you're willing to give the Yin-Yang diet a shot, M Cafe de Chaya is a good place to start. As a rule, macrobiotic foods are not highly processed, so everything here is very earthy and mostly vegan, with the exception of a few fish dishes. I've tried it twice and think it's pretty good, but the lifestyle is a little expensive to keep up with. The first time I had the sushi, which was decent, though I wouldn't suggest making a trip specifically for the sushi since there is definitely better sushi to be had. The last time I ate here I went to the Culver City location which in my opinion is way easier than the Melrose location. I had the half sandwich soup combo with the panino provancale with the corn soup. The panino came chalk full of grilled veggies, arugula, balsamic, aioli pesto, and creamy tofu cheese (all cheeses are non-dairy). The corn soup was really creamy and delicious as well. Both were perfectly proportioned and I didn't feel too full afterwards. I was tempted to have a baked good because they looked so yummy, but this time around I had to pass. Even if you're not in to super healthy cuisine, this place is worth trying.

http://www.mcafedechaya.com/menu.html

No comments: